Ukraine is the large country in Eastern Europe and among the top five in position in Europe for having a large number of postgraduates in Medicine. After Germany, Ukraine is yet another famous destination Indians look up to higher studies especially MBBS (Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelors of Surgery). The Country has renowned Government Medical Universities approved by world’s major organizations like WHO and UNESCO, offers the medical course to local as well as international students.
Duration of MBBS Course
The total duration of MBBS program in Ukraine is 6 Years comprises of total 360 credits. 5 years of MBBS coursework includes 300 credits (10 semesters for 30 credits each) whereas 6th year is a year of practice comprises 60 credits. General Medicine, Pharmacy, Pediatrics, Surgery, and Dentistry are the most popular medical fields of MBBS offered in Medical Universities of Ukraine.
- Ukraine made it quite easy to get admission in a Medical University as students need not pass any examination like Medical Entrance Exam or IELTS or TOEFL.
- The student must be of 17 Years of age on or before 31st December of the admission Year.
- The student should have passed the higher secondary examination or equivalent examination in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 examination.
Cost of Study
The cost of pursuing MBBS from Ukraine is quite cheap and minimal for international students, plus the education system is very good. Thus, the cost of education for the Medical course is quite low for the quality of education it offers. Cheap universities with quality education makes it clear-cut choice for keen students. The cost of the course varies from university to university and can be attained from the Institution’s website you are applying for.
Admission procedure in Ukraine is quite simple. The student just has to submit the documents after filling an application form online. It takes almost a month to process the application. Only one thing you need to bear in mind that application must be submitted within the given time frame if so, there will be no problem to complete the admission in the country. After receiving the admission letter or invitation letter from the university you must visit Embassy of Ukraine in New Delhi for Visa application.
The student should have to visit the Ukraine Embassy for the interview (New Delhi, India) after applying for the concerned visa through the internet.
Documents Required for Visa Application
- Invite Letter from the Ministry of Education, Ukraine.
- Original Passport with validity of duration of course
- 10th and 10+2 level mark sheets
- School Leaving / Transfer Certificate
- Birth Certificate (In English)
- Medical Certificate
- HIV Certificate
- Bank Statements (Student/Parents)
Advantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine
- No examination required for studying MBBS in Ukraine
- The MBBS Universities or Colleges are approved by WHO, UNESCO, MCI, etc
- The cost of study MBBS is quite low in Ukraine.
- MBBS Universities offers the quality of education, the framework of instruction MBBS course in Ukranian Universities is great.
- The medium of the teaching of MBBS is English which simplifies the life of international students to adjust in a different cultural nation.
- Furthermore, the student takes part in worldwide workshops and social gatherings to accomplish their objectives
- Extracurricular activities held in MBBS Universities keeps student fit during the course
The students who have completed MBBS abroad have to pass the Screening Test conducted by the Medical Council of India in order to work in India. The test is conducted twice a year with no negative marking and 50% is the passing grade. There is no limit of attempts to appear for the test. On clearing the screening test, you can work or practice anywhere in India.
The fact is that the Ukraine Medical Universities does not offer any scholarship programs for International Students. You can get a Scholarship from other international bodies but can never get a scholarship from Ukraine Institution.
Top reasons for choosing Ukraine for pursuing MBBS for International Students:-
It is not an easy task for the students to decide the destination for pursuing MBBS. Every country has pros and cons and while taking decision student must be aware of both the sides.
- Ukrainian Universities cost less tuition fees in comparison to Indian Private Colleges.
- Direct and simple admission process for the MBBS course without any entrance exam.
- MBBS institutions of Ukraine offer high-quality education available in English medium for international students.
- Indian students pursuing MBBS from Ukraine are eligible to appear for various licensing exams such as MCI Screening test (India).
- Top Medical Universities of Ukraine are ranked among the world’s top universities with the low fee structure of MBBS.
- Pursuing Medical Post Graduate Programs in Ukraine is quite easy for International students.
- Cost of living is quite low in comparison to other countries, approx. INR 8000 per month.
- Moderate weather conditions suit Indian Students and keep their stay happy in Ukraine.