Medicine is considered to be the most pursued career in India as well as in the world. Many students either fail to qualify the admission criteria or unable to bear the high education fees. MBBS course from India costs from INR 20 lakhs to INR 1.5 crores vary on the marks scored in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). On the contrary, Georgia offers the same course at much affordable course fees. Georgia is a country located at the intersection of Asia and Europe. The country is neither a part of Europe nor a member of the European Union.
MBBS in Georgia was not very famous among international students especially among Indians till 2011. Most preferred country for pursuing MBBS course abroad was Ukraine but due to the war with Russia on the eastern side, students were advised to choose Georgia for pursuing MBBS than Ukraine. Nowadays, Georgia is obtaining an importance as the best destination to pursue higher studies among medical students.
To get Admission in Medicine course in Georgia-Student must attain 18 years of age, must have passed 10+2 or equivalent qualification scoring minimum 50% marks comprising of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. There is no Entrance Test like IELTS, GMAT, SAT, etc required by Universities of Georgia.
From 2018 onwards, Indian Health Ministry has made it mandatory for all the medical students of India to qualify NEET in order to get admission in any foreign country.
Documents Required for Admission in Medicine Course
- Academic Mark sheets of 10th and 10+2 Grade
- Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate and Birth Certificate in English
- Migration Certificate
- Valid Passport
- Six Passport Size Photographs
- Health and Travel insurance is also required
- Medical Certificates notifying HIV analysis and vaccination results.
- Bank Statement of Parents or Guardian for last 6 months
Other than the above-mentioned documents, Each College may have its individual requirements specifically.
Here are the steps students required to follow to get admission in Medical University of Georgia
- Students need to fill out the application form online along with required documents with all correct details.
- As soon as students get Offer letter from University, they are required to deposit the fee in the bank account of University.
- After a month Students are issued an Accreditation Letter from Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia upon which University issues Invitation Letter to Students.
- On receiving an invitation letter, students then go ahead with the immigration process by applying for Visa at Georgian Embassy in Delhi.
- On Visa approval, you are ready to take a flight to Georgia.
Required document for Visa Process
- Valid Passport
- Invitation Letter from University or Institution
- Application Form (can be applied online)
- Confirmed itinerary
- Bank statements of Guardian or Family
- Accommodation Letter
- Travel Insurance
- Original Rector Letter
The entire Visa Process is little tedious. It requires more than two months after submitting documents to the embassy. Students are advised to start the admission process at least 3 months before the commencing of the program.
Duration and Course Structure
Georgia follows Europe Pattern of education which is comprised of 360 credits and 6 years for MBBS course. Five years of coursework comprises 10 semesters with 300 credits (30 credits per semester), the Sixth year will be a practical work year comprising of 60 credits.
Be aware of the agent’s misguidance that the MBBS is of 5 years in Georgia.
Georgia has become a hot destination for pursuing MBBS abroad as
- The MBBS degree from the Universities or Institutions of Georgia is worldwide accepted.
- The Medical Universities, Colleges, and Institutions of Georgia are authorized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Medical Universities of Georgia offers world-class education with outstanding staff.
- The cost of the MBBS degree is quite minimal in comparison to other countries and students are allowed to pay fees in two installments.
- There is No Tuition fee for last year course of MBBS degree.
- The students in Georgia are given heavy discounts on traveling within the country.
- Student gets a chance to participate in international seminars and conferences which enriches their knowledge and experience.
Benefits of MBBS from Georgia
- Admission Process in Medicine course in Georgia is very simple and direct as no entrance test is required to get admission.
- Medical degrees from Georgia Universities or Institutions are acknowledged by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Medical Council of India (MCI).
- MBBS students are given a chance to do their internships from some of the international companies of the world within the nation itself.
- MBBS students in Georgia can apply for further studies in 47 countries under LISBON Convention.
- The hospitals of Georgia are well equipped with infrastructure and technology.
- MBBS course is taught in English Medium in all the Medical Universities or Colleges.
- No donation is required to seek admission in MBBS course in Georgian Universities.
- Best Salary Packages are offered to students.
- Georgia is an affordable country to live with monthly expenses.
- Georgia is one of the safest countries to live as it features the lowest crime rate in the world.
- Hostel accommodation is very good at Georgian Universities. Students from India Indian food is readily served at the Hostel gives a homely feeling to Indian Students.
The Medical Council of India maintains a list of universities approved by it. About 17 Georgian Medical Universities are approved by MCI and are listed on its website. Students are advised to check the list of approved Universities before starting the admission process to the university they are seeking for.